Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review - Extralife, INC. by Kfir Luzzatto



I accepted to review this book because of it subject. Cancer. This disease has touched one of my family member and I am always curious to know more about it, whether from a a scientific point of view or from a individual or social point of view. The book promised to tell the story of how a researcher found the cure to cancer. Now, if this did not make the novel interesting to me, I don't know what will.


But, I was surprisingly disappointed.

The first couple of pages were very slow. The story had no grip and I quickly got bored as I flipped the pages. The plot could have been more lively with more twist and cliffhangers from chapter to chapter to keep the reader interesting.
The characters were also unsympathetic. The two lawyers were full of themselves and treated the researcher as a kid and his wife with disrespect even though she was a lawyer too. The lawyer's wife was cold. She seemed more like a mom than a wife, plus she never liked anything her husband does and he seemed to be scared of her. I wasn't able to relate to any of the characters, nor the lawyer or the researcher.

The slow story plot and the plain depiction of the characters did not work to hold my interest.  I was truly disappointed and I wasn't able to finish the book going beyond the 6th chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vos commentaires sont les bienvenues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...