Thursday, December 8, 2011

Critique - In the Belly of Jonah de Sandra Brennan (version anglais)


Une version française de ce critique est disponible ici

Title: In the Belly of Jonah
Author: Sandra Brannan
Publisher: Greenleaf book group press
Pages number: 288
Genre: Thriller, mystery novel
Language: English
Synopsis:
In the Belly of Jonah is a fast-paced mystery with a likable protagonist and an intricately woven narrative brimming with bizarre yet believable twists. The first in a series, the book expertly lays the groundwork for Liv Bergen, amateur sleuth, and her love interest, FBI Agent Streeter Pierce. 
Liv becomes involved in the investigation of the murder of Jill Brannigan, a summer intern at the limestone mine Liv manages near Fort Collins, Colorado (a breathtaking setting that unwittingly becomes an accessory to crime). In doing so, she inadvertently puts her friends, her family, and herself at risk of being swallowed in the belly of a madman bloated with perverse appetites for women, surrealistic art, and renown. 
Perhaps a bit too daring (and at times irreverent) for her own good, ''Boots,'' as Liv's eight siblings call her, soon realizes she has a knack for outsmarting and tracking down the Venus de Milo murderer--and she enjoys it! As the gripping plot of In the Belly of Jonah unfolds, Liv Bergen takes her place alongside the best female crime-solvers as a woman with smarts, self-confidence, and intuitive savv
y. - Goodreads

Review:
This is a steamy review! I just finished the book and I find it incredible.
I have to confess that I did not like it from the start and thought of not finishing because of the gory images of the crime scene  that it created in my mind and I had difficulty following who is who and what gender they were. But as soon as that was cleared when I picked the book again, I fully enjoyed the thrill it gave me.

Lev is very interesting. She is a simple women how loves to help as much as possible and a good sense of logic. No wonder, her friend Lisa suggested her to work for the FBI. She is a women you can trust and be true around. This is a quality that helped her pick clues from the works at her quarry and from her friends.

I can't say much about the murderer or the nature of the crimes he committed afraid I might spoil the book for you guys, but what I can say is it is very unique and twisted. The way all the pieces of the puzzle connected was mind thrilling. I had to take a moment and construct the strings and try the new possibilities. I was very happy when I narrow the suspects to two and then found the murderer before the FBI agent Streeter or Lev did.

I was hooked to the book for the past two days. I was tense not wanting to miss a clue or a hint about the murderer. I liked being engaged with the book and not just passively glutting information.
The book is certainly worth the time and it is recommended to everyone who loves a good mind puzzler though PG-13 because of the crimes.

4/5

The second book in the series Liv Bergen's Mysteries is already out Lot's Return to Sodom.

This e-book was sent to me by the publisher.  This is an honest review that only contains my personal opinion. I did not receive any monetary compensation to write it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vos commentaires sont les bienvenues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...